Friday, October 03, 2008

CHURCH IS BUSINESS: get used to it!

I am writing this blog for that “spiritual” individual who thinks church is what happens on Sunday morning. Also to that conservative Christian who sees business as “financial politics”, and as many have put it, politics is a dirty game. Please be Christ like and make church your business.

LUKE 2: Christ declares to his mother and those that had come looking for him after pulling a disappearing act at the temple. Only aged 12 he says. “ How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?” KJV.
I know some translations will say house and not business, but we agree that only the father’s business can happen in the father’s house.

If your church fellowship is not a business then your pastor/head has not yet sold the vision of the church to you. Matter of fact you are not paying your tithe and giving your offering in full knowledge of the cause (why you belong).

A tithe is a “MANDATORY TAX” I will call it PAYE (pay as you earn) that is meant to go to the business projects of your home church called “MINISTRIES”. For instance, the church where I fellowship recently had a ministry fair and all these areas or projects better known as S.B.U’s (Strategic Business Units) were exhibited. This was to show where the investment of the shareholders (members) goes.

MALACHI 3: Not paying the tithe into these business units through the church fellowship (BUSINESS) is robbery.

With all this done, the church is in the business of TRANSFORMING LIVES of individuals thereby touching communities and healing nations. If you think church is not a business that demands loyalty, accountability and leadership you are blindly walking into a building on Sunday and paying your tithe and offering out of guilt…. I did this for some time so I know.

REMEMBER GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER!!

2 comments:

Carlo said...

For a second there I thought you were going to go on about how much money churches make and yet they're not living for Christ. Pleasant surprise. And I totally agree.

Anonymous said...

Yup, you are a being that enjoys controversy, but i also have to say
I liked this post,It was right on.

PK