Friday, June 06, 2008

10 YEARS SINCE I ACCEPTED CHRIST!

On heroes day 1998 in wandegeya, a Kampala suburb where i went to school, something happened. It was a great setting to get all the attention and as part of a dance act that would ROCK the rest of the school, the dance moves had been done and i knew my routine. It was the MAKERERE HIGH SCHOOL Celebration!

In the hot sun than started blazing at 11am, we gathered in the school Chapel where all the equipment was being installed and tested for a 12pm praise rally. Bob Kibirango was on the drums making organized noise as "TRUMPET VOICED" Simon Kinobe made noise with the electric guitar this time round. A truly amazing site, The kids were in control except for one "MZEE" Francis Kaggwa who was just among the kids.

The guest list was amazing: Musumba DJ, HEAVEN BOUND, BV, GO10, YUNNIE ZAWEDDE and Annette Namigadde who was a ready to rewind cassette player of the hit INSTEAD of ME... you took the cross at Calvary, instead of me you shade your blood.....trying not to get carried away.
Well all went as planned and then, the moment of truth... Johnathan Bukenkya, Anita Asiimwe Brenda, Bob, Myself and a few others got onto the stage to bring 3 weeks practice down.
"FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT THINK GOSPEL MUSIC HAS GONE TOO FAR....!!!"
As the speakers belted out KIRK's STOMP, I was gliding across the stage with the the mic in my hands making sure it was well switched off in case people noticed i had a challenge with the lyrics!

Then I fell into formation and the group of 6 started moving like mirror images. The show was fine alright, the crowd was on its feet and you could see people at the very end hanging in the windows just to get a glimpse. It was not long and we were off the stage to a THUNDEROUS applause. Met back stage and threw hugs and Hi 5's around. THE SATISFACTION!!!!

Well, whatever happened in between was but fuzzy till today but I walked back to the hall where the M'sumba DJ aka Martin Sempa was on the mic talking about the Love of GOD, salvation and JESUS. He spoke in the kind of accent that made the makes many "NOT WANT" to listen but "WANNA" listen and listen "aaigh".


Well, I remember he made the alter call and i thought it was time. Hesitated at first and then i heard a voice call me out. Before i could make my way to the front a one AZIZ, well known school kid with a smooth tongue and a sizable ladies fan club walked forward and as though it was like ... He can do it, So can you. I got the courage and then a SOUND BUBBLE... could here my footsteps as i made ma way to the front to receive Christ. THEN as i placed my hand in Martin Sempa's hand the bubble burst and all I could hear was an "EMIRATES stadium" roar.

There.... I received Christ and had the best 5 months of revival sweeping home with God touching my Dad in a way He's never touched him and salvation for DAD came faster than mine. He was invited to a prayer breakfast and THERE 8 people gave their lives to JESUS.

I have had my moments where i stepped out of my lane but JESUS has qualified me that He picks me up and lets me run on without PENALTY....

I was hosted on TOP radio and had my testimony beamed to Uganda to the Glory of JESUS.

TODAY IS BEAUTIFUL!!

No comments: