Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day one at the materials development workshop.

Friends,

These are good times in my life especially now that I feel like I have my career path cut out.... its taken me 30 odd years, but its never too late!!

Anyway, it has been a long day at the YEAH seminar and quite, lots of learning and interaction with people from many walks of life.

I will save you the details.....

One highlight was, remember my earlier blog on GOD giving.... and giving?
It did come up!!

I was not aware that the president had actually commented on this too.
He was saying, that somehow religion has made us really soft on tackling the issues that cause deaths and loss in our societies.People have taken death as the Lord taking away what HE had given.

I think Mr. Museveni was a bit on the ball there,.... We need to investigate these things that cause death and rebuke, refuse and end them. It is not "THE LORD TAKING AWAY, JUST..."

Well, as we developed materials for behaviour change, we agreed that these need to offer solutions and longer life and every death should trigger an investigation and push for remedies... not the "Insh'Allah" mentality.

Another thing that caught my eye was a quote by Mark Twain who said.
"I apologize for writing this long letter but it is because i did not have time to write a short one."

On a sad note... Uganda needs to move fast on RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS and FAITH GROUPS protection, otherwise the west will secularize us and break the core values that their fathers helped teach here as missionaries. (Shhssstt.... can you imagine there are policies that organizations craft in their contracts that state things like... "WHEN YOU MEET, DON'T PRAY!!" - Flabbergasting, eh?!

Lord help us!!
Am out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reading this post, two things came to mind one is a line from my favourite hymn come thou fount of every blessing
'Prone to wander LORD I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart or take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.

The very first time i heard this hymn sang i was struck to the core, the words rang so true, i had given my life to the LORD in 1994, just a child then, but i can never forget the joy, the assurance that i was covered, that He had my back, i still remember what it felt like simply trusting him, not having to add logic to anything, knowing that His word, His grace was enough.

But in later years, my trust fell, i began to ask questions, i began to doubt, i read a couple of books, suddenly the bible wasnt enough, why would these other texts say different? surely there is more.

Ofcourse i was wrong, but it took me eight years of wandering before i started finding my way back home.

In learning we imagine we have become super intelligent, that belief in God is weakness, that the bible is just a book. IT IS NOT!! IT IS THE LIVING, BREATHING WORD OF GOD.

i wish that as Robinson said, God would just take our hearts and lock them up so that no uncleaness would evade. but no, He loves us so much He allowed us the gift of choice, You choose whom you will serve. You choose how you live each day, you can live it in fear, doubt, struggling, or you can live in over flowing joy, in abundance, in assurance of the love of a savior. I choose the later

(this is getting long) i'll end with this, the author of the hymn come thou fount - Robert Robinson(1726 -1790) in later years, gave up his pastoralship and converted to Unitarinism - a belief that doubts the full divinity of Jesus Christ, he ofcourse denied these claims.

slowly the hymnist faded from Christian history And some raised the question, had robinson, afterall wandered? Had he left the God he loved?
A widely-told, but unverifiable, story says that one day as he was riding in a stagecoach a lady asked him what he thought of the hymn she was humming. He responded, "Madam, I am the poor unhappy man who wrote that hymn many years ago, and I would give a thousand worlds, if I had them, to enjoy the feelings I had then."

"'Thus far has the Lord helped us.’” 1 Samuel 7:12

k

Anonymous said...

True! its time to stop and claim back what the devil has taken away and keeps taking away from us!
Its time to stop blaming God.
On knees people!!